We need clean, fair elections — where no one’s right to vote can be taken away, and where money doesn’t buy you your own member of Congress. We must ban anonymous political influence, slam shut the lobbyists’ revolving door in D.C. and publicly finance elections. Immigrants who want to join in our democracy deserve a clear path to citizenship. We must stop giving corporations the rights of people when it comes to our elections. And we must ensure our judiciary’s respect for the Constitution. Together, we will reclaim our democracy to get our country back on track.
This is one of the ten planks of A Contract for the American Dream. Other posts under this plank will have the “Democracy” category.
- British democracy in crisis, possibly as healthy as ours (macleans.ca)
- June 28, 2012 is the day democracy died in the U.S. (courierpress.com)
- Why Democracy Is Dangerous (lewrockwell.com)
- Democracy cannot be allowed to falter: President (thehindu.com)
- Manifestos for economic sense and global democracy : good diagnosis – weak remedies (3eintelligence.wordpress.com)